Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today!

Well I went to the doctor yesterday and first of all, I changed doctors and I went to a female doctor and it was so great! It was awesome because she knew exactly how I was feeling, she summarized all the negative and positive things I've been growing through and she made me feel much better. Her name is Dr. Culley over at South West Medical here in Anthem. Second thing, I'm a very natural minded person, I feel like if you have a physical problem you can solve it naturally with exercise or diet, so I'm not a big fan of medications. She explained that my feelings of depression and moodiness are very natural and it is perfectly normal to need a little help in feeling better. So I got a low dose prescription of Zoloft.

I tried it this morning and Wow! I feel better! It is the weirdest thing. It's not like I'm this amazingly happy person or anything but it just takes all my negative feelings and tones them down so they aren't taking over my brain. Hopefully I can eventually go off these in a couple months but it is nice to actually feel better and I can immediately feel a difference from my usual self and I like this feeling much more. I feel like I can accomplish more whereas before it took so much effort to even think of doing something and then I usually talked myself out of it. So if there are other new moms out there who are feeling depressed and overwhelmed, I understand and I hope you feel better.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard from a lot of people that Zoloft can definitly help. It is amazing how that little boost for a short time, can really make a difference. I'm SO glad you feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for feeling better! I'm glad you actually asked for help, that right there is great. Hormones are CRAZY! You are awesome and I'm sure you will be off them soon, so don't stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I here you! I always have to take something during Jan-March and right after I have a baby. I'm glad it's made a difference! Thanks for the call the other day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! Warren was a little wierded out I think when I first told him about it, but then he saw what a difference it made and he thought that was great. I think it is a bit of a taboo, that your supposed to be this awesome mom all the time and if you have problems you don't tell anyone about it. I'm glad I finally let it out and I appreciate all my buds who understand and don't think I'm nutso or anything. :) I will have to call you on purpose some time Heidi.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Stenderville!

Thanks for stopping by.
My name is Melinda and my husband's name is Warren. We reside in fabulous Las Vegas!
I am a stay at home mom and Warren works for the local Plasterer and Cement Mason Union.
We like to do all kinds of stuff and we like to keep in contact with all our family and friends, so we hope you enjoy our blog and please let us know what you think.

Love to all our family and friends and hope you have a great day!