Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A memorial to our bunny


Last night, the 4th of July our bunny passed away. He was sick on the 4th of July but because it was a holiday, the vets that take rabbits were not available. I figured he would be ok till today when I could take him in but tragically he did not last through the night. 

I found him this morning and was able to put him away before Eleanor saw him so she didn't freak out. I did some crying while fixing breakfast and Eleanor started to tear up with me because she said I was "hurt." Which I was, but in a way that a band aid doesn't help. 

I truly loved having this little creature in our home. He was sweet and snuggly. He would follow me around and want to be petted. He was so soft that he would slip on the tiles when he tried to stand in one spot. When you petted him he liked to flatten himself out like a pancake. 

I think that perhaps the bunny we had before was sick and it left some germs around that this bunny picked up, which really saddens me because I wanted this bunny to be around a long time with us. 

I don't think I should get another rabbit. I would be paranoid that it would die too. I guess we are just a no pet household. 

I'm sorry that I couldn't keep this little creature alive, but I know it is in a special place having a ton of fun.

Good bye 


Enjoying some sun.
On the move, I was trying to take a picture of him when he was a pancake.

Hiding under the dishwasher.

Slight pancake, he could flatten himself out to like an inch tall.

1 comment:

  1. that is sad:( but don't give up, maybe the vet could give you tips on getting rid of the germies. i love his little feet under all of that fluff!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Stenderville!

Thanks for stopping by.
My name is Melinda and my husband's name is Warren. We reside in fabulous Las Vegas!
I am a stay at home mom and Warren works for the local Plasterer and Cement Mason Union.
We like to do all kinds of stuff and we like to keep in contact with all our family and friends, so we hope you enjoy our blog and please let us know what you think.

Love to all our family and friends and hope you have a great day!