Saturday, December 8, 2007

Update on everything

Well my goodness it has been quite a while since I have posted a new blog. Sorry about that. I just have been very busy with teaching and everything else we have been doing. I took some pictures of my art room at JD Smith so everybody could see where I spend my days teaching. :) It is a great room, with lots of storage space. I would like to paint it a different color because the yellow is a little yuck.




































My birthday is October 18, I told the kids about it and they were so nice. They sang happy birthday to me. I got a couple stuffed animals and some really cute figurines. Then the kids decided to write happy birthday on my white boards so I took pictures at the end of the day to show the final result.







The students just love writing on my white boards. I don't mind since I can just wipe it off. We have been having a great time. I think I will be starting up a website with my student's work on it so I will post that when I get it going.







For Nevada Day we went to Sequioa National park with our friends Tara, Travis, and their son Stetson. That was amazing. Our campsite was gorgeous and not busy at all and the trees were awesome.







Our campsite was surrounded by oak trees. Then there is a river that runs through the canyon where we stayed and it is full of big granite boulders. Really I think it was the most beautiful campsite I have ever stayed at. So we shot photos for Tara and Travis's family photos for christmas. And really with a setting that beautiful you can't really mess it up.







The trees were huge. I never realized that they are that tall. And they are soft so if you cut one down you can't really use the wood for anything.




3 comments:

  1. Hey Melinda its Natalies sister-in-law Heather. It was good to see how you are doing. If you want to check out my blog it is www.osnessfamilyzoo.blogspot.com. Lets keep in touch k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda I love your classroom! It is so cute. Miss you!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda!

    That is so awesome that you are teaching art! I bet you are amazing.

    We have a blog also:

    evananddriel.blogspot.com

    I look forward to looking at your blog.

    Driel

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Stenderville!

Thanks for stopping by.
My name is Melinda and my husband's name is Warren. We reside in fabulous Las Vegas!
I am a stay at home mom and Warren works for the local Plasterer and Cement Mason Union.
We like to do all kinds of stuff and we like to keep in contact with all our family and friends, so we hope you enjoy our blog and please let us know what you think.

Love to all our family and friends and hope you have a great day!